Soft protein bars with chickpeas and apples
Perfect for on-the-go or lunch, our soft apple and chickpea bars will not leave you hungry.
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle chick peas
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil of your choice
- 1/4 c (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1 c (250 ml) cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ c (375 ml) large-flake oats
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC).
- In a food processor, process chickpeas with the egg, oil and syrup.
- Transfer to a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Press mixture into 9" (23 cm) square baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut through.