Thai curry, lime and cilantro hummus
To share with friends and family, this quick recipe for hummus with refreshing taste will certainly be the highlight of the evening.
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Del Monte chick peas
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lime juice
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lime zest
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Thai red curry or yellow curry
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly chopped cilantro
- Using a food processor, process the chickpeas by gradually adding olive oil, lime juice and 2 tbsp (30 ml) of water. Salt generously.
- Add half of the lime zest, curry and coriander. Using the food processor, process the flavours until the is preparation smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl, add the rest of the toppings on top (zest, curry and cilantro) and a drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with raw vegetables, crackers, in a sandwich or use as an side to meat or fish.