Chickpea and vegetable stir-fry with General Tao honey sauce
Savor the flavors of Asia with the classic General Tao revisited in the Bonduelle way. You will see chickpeas in a new light!
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 c (1 l) mixed vegetables of your choice (peppers, onions, broccoli, carrots, etc.)
- OR 1 bag of vegetables Arctic Gardens for Asian style stir-fry
- 1/4 c (60 ml) soya sauce
- 1/4 c (60 ml) rice vinegar
- 1/4 c (60 ml) honey
- 1 to 2 tsp (5 to 10 ml) sambal oelek
- 10 ml (2 tsp) corn starch
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Del Monte chick peas
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a wok or a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté garlic and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add vegetables and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Return wok to medium-high heat and add soy sauce, vinegar, honey and sambal oelek. Bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch in 30 ml (2 tbsp) of water and pour into the boiling liquid. Stir to thicken.
- Add the chickpeas to the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return the stir-fried vegetables to the wok and stir to coat with sauce.
- Garnish green onions and serve with sticky rice.