Korean Veggie Poke
310 ml (1 1/4 cups) sushi rice
To taste, seasoned rice vinegar
10 ml (2 tsp) toasted sesame oil
1 cloves garlic, chopped
5 ml (1 tsp) ginger
15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
30 ml (2 tbsp) rice vinegar
5 ml (1 tsp) hot pepper sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
2 green onions, minced
1 can of 398 ml (14 oz) Del Monte mixed beans
1 liter (4 cups) minced iceberg lettuce
1 can of 398 ml (14 oz) Del Monte Shredded Carrots
1/2 English cucumber, diced
To taste, kimchi
45 ml (3 tbsp) coarsely chopped fresh coriander
To taste, mayonnaise
- Cook the sushi rice according to the packaging instructions.
- Season with vinegar and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hot pepper sauce, brown sugar and green onions. Stir to dissolve the brown sugar and add the legumes.
- In 4 bowls, divide the rice and garnished in sections alternating colors with lettuce, carrots, cucumber diced, kimchi and legumes.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander and add mayonnaise.