5 oz (150 g) Asian noodles
1 c (250 ml) cooked chicken or firm tofu, cubed
4 tsp (20 ml) soya sauce
2 green onions, chopped
1 can Del Montes shredded carrots
½ zucchini, finely chopped
4 white mushrooms, sliced
4 tsp (20 ml) miso
Chinese five spice, to taste
Sriracha or sambal oelek, to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, cool under cold water and drain again.
- Mix chicken or tofu with soya sauce and green onions.
- Use 4 jars with at least a 2-cup capacity (500 ml).
- Layer ingredients starting with noodles, then carrots, chicken, zucchini and mushrooms.
- To each jar, add 1 tsp (5 ml) of miso, pinch of spices, hot sauce and a little salt and pepper.
- Close the jars and reserve in the fridge or in a lunchbox.
- At mealtime, cover ingredients with boiling water (about 1 ½ c or 375 ml) and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix and enjoy.