Chocolate and raspberry jam cookies
Ideal for coffee break or a late-night treat, our chocolate cookie recipe with raspberry jam will appeal to any public. You will love them!
- 1 cup (250 ml) Del Monte red kidney beans
- 1/3 c (80 ml) canola oil
- 1/2 c (125 ml) coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c (180 ml) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 c (125 ml) whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 c (60 ml) raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF (190 ºC).
- In a food processor, process the red kidney beans and gradually add oil, sugar and egg.
- Scrape the edges of the container and add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Process until dough is smooth. Do not overmix.
- Form 12 balls of dough about the size of a golf ball and put on a baking sheet lined parchment paper leaving 2" (5 cm) between each.
- Flatten the balls with the back of a wet tablespoon (pass under cold water) and press the centre to create a depression.
- Top each cookie with 1 tsp (5 ml) of jam.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool before enjoying.