Pear and raspberry bread
Pears Halves packed in water no sugar added
60 ml (¼ cup) melted butter
60 ml (¼ cup) canola oil
375 ml (1 ½ cups) all-purpose flour
125 ml (½ cup) quick-cooking rolled oats
125 ml (½ cup) ground almonds
15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
1.25ml (¼ tsp) salt
180 ml (¾ cup) plain Greek yogurt
5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
60 ml (¼ cup) honey
180 ml (¾ cup) Del Monte cut pears
60 ml (¼ cup) fresh raspberries
2.5 ml (½ tsp) lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the ground almonds, ground cinnamon, brown sugar, rolled oats, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the yogurt with the oil, butter, vanilla, eggs, zest and honey.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until smooth. Add the diced Del Monte pears and raspberries.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, then transfer the dough to it. Level the surface.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.