Chicken thighs with peaches and rosemary compote
Sliced Peaches in 100% fruit juice from concentrate
4 green onions, sliced
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 Scotch Bonnet peppers, coarsely chopped
1/3 c (75 ml) olive or vegetable oil
1/3 c (75 ml) lime juice
Chicken tighes with peaches and rosemary
4-6 chicken legs
2 tbsp (30 ml) marinade
2 tbsp (30 ml) Cajun spices
1 tbsp (15 ml) paprika
10 slices of Del Monte peaches
1/2 c (125 ml) Del Monte light peach juice syrup
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
2 tsp (10 ml) butter
1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper
Marinating time: min. 1 hour
Can be frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a food processor or blender, add all marinade ingredients. Process the mixture until smooth and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Coat the chicken in the marinade. Add the following spices: Cajun, paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Place the chicken on a non-stick baking sheet or in an ovenproof dish. Bake for about 45 minutes. Finely chop the pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in a pan on medium-high. Add the peaches and cook stirring gently for about 2 ½ minutes or until golden. Deglaze with the light peach juice syrup. Add the lime juice, rosemary sprigs and reduce by half.
- Finish the chicken thighs by adding the minced pepper. For serving, place the chicken on a plate and garnish with peaches, syrup and cooking juices.