1 chicken breast, sliced in half along the thickness
4 slices bacon
1 can Del Monte Mediterranean style corn medley
4 c (1 l) Romain lettuce, shredded
1 avocado, chopped
1 or 2 tomatoes, quartered
1/3 c (80 ml) red onion, chopped
1/4 c (60 ml) red wine vinegar
1/4 c (60 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) whole grain mustard
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 oF (210 oC).
- Place the chicken and bacon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked and the bacon is crispy. Slice the chicken and bacon.
- In the meantime, put the eggs into a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 minutes. Cool the eggs in cold water and remove the shells. Keep submerged in cold water until they're completely cold. Cut into quarters.
- Open the can of corn and drain excess liquid.
- In a large serving dish, cover the bottom with lettuce and arrange ingredients in rows on top.
- Mix together vinegar and mustard. Season.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.