Mini upside-down fruit cakes
1 cup Del Monte chunky style fruit cocktail
1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon powder
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon powder
1 pinch salt
½ c fruit cocml) maplektail puree
1/3 cup Del Monte fruit cocktail syrup
2 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
1 tbsp (15 syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
* For the fruit puree, simply puree the fruit in a blender or food processor.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and oil 6 muffin tin cups.
2. In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except the topping. Divide the mixture between the moulds. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. In a large bowl, combine fruit puree, syrup, canola oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk in dry ingredients.
5. Divide the dough between the moulds. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool.
6. Unmould and turn the cakes over.