Oyster mushrooms with mandarin, jalapeno oil and fresh coriander
Mandarins packed in water no sugar added
1 cup of mandarin fruit in water
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp. canola oil
170 g oyster mushrooms, sliced
2 sprigs fresh coriander
1 jalapeno pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
salt and pepper
1. Cut mandarin orange slices into 2-3 pieces. Save excess juice with lime juice. Set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and cook mushrooms for 5 minutes on each side. Place mushrooms in a bowl, cover with lime and mandarin juice, salt and let stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
3. Meanwhile, using a blender, grind the oil and half the jalapenos with a pinch of salt until smooth.
4. Thinly slice the other half of the pepper. Reserve.
5. Drain mushrooms and place on 4 plates. Garnish with mandarin oranges and chili slices. Cover with a drizzle of jalapeno oil. Garnish with cilantro leaves.