Cedar Plank Oven Salmon Topped with Bourbon-Flamed Peaches
The slight sweetness from the Bourbon-flamed peaches gives a nice contrast to the smokiness of this cedar-planked salmon. Perfect for a great supper!
Sliced Peaches in 100% fruit juice from concentrate
1 cedar grilling plank
1.5 lbs. fresh Atlantic salmon
2-796mL cans Del Monte Sliced Peaches
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
3 tbsp. brown sugar
½ cup Bourbon
½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. dark soy sauce
3 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. five spice powder
- Soak the cedar plank in water for 1 hour.
- About 10 minutes before the cedar plank is done soaking, preheat oven to 350 F.
- While oven is preheating, marinate salmon in a bowl or plastic bag by adding salt, five spice powder, soy sauce, maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Optional: let marinate over night.
- Remove cedar plank from water and place a wire rack. Place wire rack on top of a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Put baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove baking sheet from the oven and put marinated salmon on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until salmon has reached desired doneness. Optional: broil salmon for the last 3 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve. Add peaches. Cook until liquid has almost completely dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Remove skillet from the heat and add Bourbon. Swirl contents of skillet around. Put the skillet back on the heat and pass a long match or lighter over skillet to light alcohol on fire. Be very careful when lighting. Allow flame to die down and sauce to thicken slightly, remove from heat.
- Before serving salmon, add flamed peaches on top. Enjoy!