1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Del Monte pineapple chunks
8 tsp (40 ml) raw sugar
20 fresh mint leaves
1 lime, cut into 8
20 ice cubes
4 oz (120 ml) rum
3 c (750 ml) soda
- On 4 cocktail picks, insert 4 pineapple chunks. Set aside.
- In a small smoothie blender or with a hand mixer, process the remaining pineapple and juice.
- In 4 large glasses, add 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar and 5 mint leaves. Crush mint well using a cocktail pick.
- Add 2 slices of lime in each glass and crush with the pestle.
- Divide the crushed pineapple among the glasses and add 5 ice cubes and 1 oz (30 ml) of rum to each.
- Fill the glass with the soda and press the pineapple skewers against the rims of the glasses.