Golden croissant with peaches and strawberry coulis
This Del Monte peach golden croissant recipe and its strawberry coulis is perfect for a gourmet brunch or a snack full of flavors. The whole family will love it.
5 ml (1 tsp) pure vanilla extract
2,5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
2 croissants, halved lengthwise
1 Del Monte can 398 ml sliced peaches, strained
225 g (1 1/2 cup) strawberries, halved
125 g (156,25 ml) sugar
½ lemon (juice)
For the golden croissant
1. Beat eggs, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Stir in the milk.
2. Dip halved croissants into egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
3. Cook the croissant slices over medium heat on a lightly greased non-stick sheet or pan, until golden on both sides. Stir-fry the peaches in a pan with butter to brown them.
For the strawberry coulis
1. Place strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan.
2. Cook over low heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
3. Emulsify the preparation using a mixer.